Difference Between Windows 7 And Windows Vista

Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Prior to Microsoft releasing Windows 7 beta to the public, it had already found its ways to inundation sites. I later found out most of what was on the torrent sites where junk and not worth downloading. Microsoft later released the beta to the public on the 12th of January. To create suspense among the public, Microsoft said the download will only be available to the first 2.5 million people. The quest for the new operating system was so great that thousands if not millions flocked to Microsoft website for the download causing their servers to crush. I wasn't left out; I was there for the download too but couldn't get my hands on it.
I finally got hold of it two days later. Installation was unproblematic and I was not scared of losing data since I installed it on a virtual machine. According to Microsoft, the minimum system requirements were 1GHz processor, 1GB of memory and 16GB of hard drive space. I, however, installed it on 512MB and 8GB hard drive and it worked seamlessly. My first impressions were this is exactly Vista with another name. Microsoft did a good job in reconstructing the Windows vista kernel so it doesn't use as much resources as Vista.
Until the advent of Vista, there was no need for computers running with extravagant amounts of memory. Windows 7 runs pretty well on my 512MB of memory and all my previous drivers from Windows XP installed without a glitch. Microsoft's intention for Windows 7 is for it to be an incremental upgrade with the goal of being fully compatible with existing device drivers, applications, and hardware. Windows 7 is doing exactly that and even more. Even though, the interface looks like Vista, Windows 7 proves to be way better. With new cool features such as Device Stage and Home Group, Windows 7 is definitely the future.
Windows 7 is a Vista clone in exterior but not in performance. You may have read other reviews but don't end your experience there. Go ahead and download Windows 7 and try it out for yourself. Hope you will not be disappointed.

0 comments: